SAVE has learnt that Surrey PCT (Primary Care Trust) has TURNED DOWN a contract for a new Pharmacy at 52, The Street, Ashtead Village, to replace Lloyds chemist, which recently closed. The application is from Abdool Kurreman who already runs Buckley’s Pharmacy in Barnett Wood Lane, Lower Ashtead. Abdool has always been a committed member of SAVE so it is great to be able to help him in return.
SAVE would like to help get a replacement Pharmacy open as soon as possible. The best way to achieve this is by the public writing to Surrey PCT to object by:
- email email@example.com (please copy your email to firstname.lastname@example.org) or
- Write to Angela Ruske, Primary Care Support Service, 187 Ewell Road, Surbiton, KT6 6AU
We have only 30 days to appeal i.e. by Thursday June 28th 2012 so please write asap.
- There has been a Pharmacy on this site since 1960.
- The Street needs to have its own Pharmacy.
- Without a village Pharmacy all those in Upper Ashtead and local to The Street have to travel to Lower Ashtead, causing difficulty especially for the elderly and those without transport.
- Ashtead has a higher than average elderly population and therefore has a greater need for Pharmacies.
- The “Pharmacy Needs Assessment” for Ashtead was originally written with 3 Pharmacies in mind.
- This would not be a new Pharmacy but a replacement for the one that has just closed.
A Pharmacy also helps to increase footfall in The Street and thereby supports the other traders.
Thank you for your support