Tuesday 20th July to Wednesday 28th July 2010
The Public Inquiry will start on 20th July at 10 a.m. at The Main Council Chamber, Mole Valley District Council, Pippbrook, Dorking RH4 1SJ. It is expected to last up to 7 working days. The Inspector will consider the 2 Appeals by Tesco, their first proposal of a 1,115 Sq m store, which was refused by the Council in March 2009 and their second proposal of a 750 Sq m store, which was refused in February 2010.
There will be plenty of room for members of the public to attend. It will really help our case if lots of supporters show up, which would indicate the strength of local feeling. You can attend for just part of a day.
If you wish to express your views you should attend on the first day and register your wish. It is up to The Inspector to decide who should talk.
SAVE’s and the Ashtead Residents Association’s Case Against Tesco
With your generous funding help we have now put together a very strong professional team. We now have a very strong case based on Planning Issues. When presented with the full facts we believe the Inspector will understand why the scale of both proposals are inappropriate for the site.
- Our Barrister is Claire Parry of 2-3 Gray’s Inn Square
- Our Planner is Geoff Douglass of Pelham Planning Associates, Ashtead. Our main Proof of Evidence will be presented by him.
Great News – We Have Been Able To Afford Expert Witnesses!
- Andrew Pinchin of AP Arboriculture, will give evidence on Tesco’s proposed destruction of 54 Trees. Click here for his proof of evidence>
- Steve Parsons of Motion Planning will give evidence on Transport Issues. Click here for his proof of evidence>
We are also very grateful to the following who have given their expertise and time free of charge:
- Professor Barrie Mould, will give evidence on Sustainability. Click here for his proof of evidence>
- Michael Butler, Accountant, has prepared evidence on Retail Issues, his Proof of Evidence, will be presented at the Inquiry by Quentin Armitage as Michael will be abroad. Click here for his proof of evidence>
- Dr. Geoff Jackson, Noise Expert, has reviewed Tesco’s Noise Report. Click here for his proof of evidence>
How You Can Help
- We need additional members of the public to speak on non planning issues to support our key topics eg on the strong sense of community in Ashtead
- We especially need young people to speak out
- We need practical help in putting up posters around the village between now and the end of the Inquiry
Please leave any comments on the form below, or if you would like to help please use our ‘Contact us’ page using this link.
We hope to see you on Tuesday 20th July and/or on any other days of the inquiry.